When you need to perform a remote CDF trace or would like to use the HDX monitor for remote monitoring you need to enable the Windows Remote Shell.
- Logon into the Windows console.
- Optional (For Windows Vista serve as remote server): Start the service “Windows Remote Management ” and set it for auto start after reboot.
- Write the command prompt : “WinRM quickconfig” and press on the “Enter” button.
- The following output should appear:
“WinRM is not set up to allow remote access to this machine for management. The following changes must be made:
Set the WinRM service type to delayed auto start. Start the WinRM service. Create a WinRM listener on HTTP://* to accept WS-Man requests to any IP on this machine.
Make these changes [y/n]? y“
- After pressing the “y” button, the following output should appear:
“WinRM has been updated for remote management.
WinRM service type changed successfully. WinRM service started. Created a WinRM listener on HTTP://* to accept WS-Man requests to any IP on this machine.“